About Wildlife Motivational Speaker Estienne de Beer
Estienne de Beer is an award-winning motivational speaker and leadership development specialist with in-depth experience across many companies, countries and cultures.
Award-Winning Motivational Speaker
– 2 min motivational speaker video
– Corporate experience
– Leadership development
– Speaker references
– How “Meerkat Motivation” can be customized for your event
– 5 min video
Estienne has empowered corporate audiences worldwide at conferences and business events through his wildlife presentation “Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace”, a keynote talk about achieving results in business, top performance, exceptional teamwork and outstanding leadership.
In addition to an industry-related “Speaker of the Year” award, Estienne has also authored the book “Boosting Your Career – Tips from Top Executives”.
2 Min Video Trailer (watch the more comprehensive 5 min trailer at the bottom)
Corporate Experience Prior to Becoming a Motivational Speaker
He received a “Manager of the Year” award in 2000, the same year in which the Financial Mail awarded his employer the title of one of the top 3 companies in South Africa.
This leadership award was based on the significant impact made on the business, implementation of the diversity policy, demonstrating the transferable skills required of a top manager, and being a role model to aspiring managers. At the time, he led his sales team to the number one position within the retail sales force.
He has consulted globally and locally to a number of well-known companies, focusing strongly on leadership development, employee motivation, learning and development, and personality assessments.
Estienne has also published articles in various business magazines amongst other titles like “Immature Leaders Go Off Like Milk”, “The Menace of Micromanagement”, and “The Perils of Positive Thinking”. As part of his professional degree in Communications, he majored in Industrial Psychology and Public Relations.
Motivational Speaker References
“Our ‘Speaker of the Year’ Estienne de Beer delivers world-class content with humour, style and passion and his ethics and professionalism are both unimpeachable. We are very honoured to work with him.” – Bronwyn Hesketh, Bureau Principal, Speakers Inc
- “Highly inspirational and unlimited passion combined with the ability to use metaphors. Estienne has built an incredible skill in getting people to think how their (changed) behaviour can positively contribute. A positive experience from start to end.” – Michel van Beek, President, Fellowes Europe
“Estienne was invited to our regional Africa management conference and delivered an absolutely brilliant, passionate and funny presentation. The feedback was overwhelming, the wake-up call from the usual dull, corporate topics was well heard and meerkats have stayed on everyone’s mind. Estienne was professional throughout and I can only highly recommend him to an event.” – Hermann Zunker, Director Africa, Lufthansa Cargo
- “… for a sales force spanning seven Middle East countries … Estienne’s ability to hold the attention of a multi-cultural audience with diverse backgrounds in a non-threatening, humorous manner is simply astounding and relating human behaviour to that of the meerkat … set the scene for a world-class inaugural Sales Conference!” – Amanda Grose, Regional HR Manager, RMD Kwikform Middle East
“…he has the ability to combine day to day practicality with the enhancement of extra vigour and enthusiasm. I will use him again without hesitation.” – Mike Smith, Head : Europe Sub Region 2, EMEA region & Latin America, Bayer Diabetes Care
- “The day started off with a bang with Estienne de Beer. His entertaining style, interesting information and pertinence was a superb way to get the conference started and judging from the evaluation forms, he got a “big thumbs up” from everyone!” – The Association of Personnel Service Organizations
“Estienne is clearly a very gifted individual on the subjects of leadership development and motivational speaking. I believe it is the result of having experienced and demonstrated many of the skills critical to good leadership in various business and non-business settings. In addition, he is blessed to have a passion and propensity for framing and communicating the key aspects of leadership and personal development in a way that connects with broad groups of people. I value the learning and development on leadership that Estienne has brought to both my organizations and to myself.” – Jack Bailey, Pharmaceutical Executive, USA
- “The most unique way of illustrating the profound lessons to be learnt by incorporating the life-changing characteristics of these seemingly insignificant animals into one’s daily dealings with people and situations.” – Gary Paul, Executive Director: Human Resources, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
“Estienne is an extraordinarily professional presenter. He was an amazing person to work with, making the Dell Sales Conference a huge success! The audience raved about his presentation. We will not hesitate to use Estienne again!” – Old Shanghai Events Management Company
- “Estienne and I have worked together on a number of occasions and without fail he is able to communicate a message simply and extremely effectively using the meerkat which all audiences can relate too. His passion and energy are amazing and makes him capture the audience even more. A great leader and someone I would use again.” – Vanessa Olver, Deputy CEO and Group Executive: Services Division, Business Connexion Group
“Estienne is a captivating presenter and motivational speaker who can take complex messages and communicate them clearly and simply to people within the organisation and most importantly make those messages memorable to all. Estienne uses the language of meerkats to translate complexity into simple and effective communication.” – Steven King, Chief Commercial Officer, Emtelle Group of Companies, United Kingdom
- “Estienne was awesome, dynamic and the audiences loved him. I can strongly recommend him to any organisation looking for a professional speaker.” – Mark Keating, CEO SalesGuru
“Who knew meerkats are so similar to us, human beings? Estienne de Beer taught us leadership, teamwork, performance and success, all through the eyes of these adorable little suricates.” – Mareen Hüffmeier, CEO, UNIBA Partners, Belgium
Motivational Talk: Meerkat Motivation for the Marketplace
Through passionate theme-weaving, he parallels the daily ups (and downs) of meerkats in the wild and how their survival behaviours can be implemented for corporate success, business break-through, tremendous teamwork and individual performance.
The key message of the meerkat motivational talk can be modified to the goals and objectives of most corporate events, team buildings and business conferences.
The personalization cuts across industries and can take account of overall motivation, leadership, teamwork, change management, sales, safety, diversity and risk management to mention a couple. Do you need to think a little more about your objectives and theme?
Here are some examples…
You can pick your choice or enquire about customisation for your event:
- “High-Performance Teamwork – Meerkat Style”
- “lnspirational Leadership in Tough Times – Meerkat Style”
- “Success in Sales – Meerkat Style”
- “Safety in the Workplace – Meerkat Style”
- “Harnessing Diversity – Meerkat Style”
- “Risk Management – Meerkat Style”
- “Championing Change – Meerkat Style”